1. The name of the society is: Salmo Watershed Streamkeepers Society
2. The purpose(s) of the society is (are) to:
- Protect and restore streams, streambeds and riparian zones that foster stream dependent biodiversity. We will do so in an environmentally, socially and economically sustainable way, giving residents and visitors alike access to a healthy watershed.
- Form collaborative partnerships with private landowners, public agencies, private forestry operations, as well as First Nations, industry and other interested and active groups.
- Recruit, train and coordinate an informed, courteous, safety oriented volunteer group to carry out stewardship principles in our watershed.
- Promote healthy watershed principles to the public, school groups and others.
- Faithfully collect, record and monitor data concerning water quality, flows, invertebrates, fish and other water bound life.
- Share our knowledge equally with all.
The Bylaws of the society are those set out in Schedule B to the Society Act, with the following variations, deletions and additions.
8. (4) Membership in The Society will be reviewed if a member is acting in an unsafe or discourteous manner while carrying out Streamkeeper duties.
23. (1) No member shall claim any particular political affiliation to be that which is upheld by The Society.
40. (3) It is the duty of the president to assure non-political representation within The Society.